Psone LCD screen issue. Need Help!

Bakuku

To all modretro members,

I hooked up my PAL gamecube to a Psone LCD screen but I can't get it to work.
I connected pin 12 to the back for the on/off bypass and composite and ground to pin 1 and 4 of the 10 pin socket respectively, but to no avail.

When I connect it via the standard A/V cable the Gamecube outputs video.

I know the screen isn't broken because when I press the volume or brightness buttons the Screen shows the green bars for level indication.

Can someone please tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks in Advance.
Greets,
Bakuku

Sorry, had to go somewhere quik.

here are the pics I deem relevant.

I hope this can Help you Mr. Heisenberg :cool:

The screen uses it's own powersource for now so no soldering to the 7.2V line.

yhank in advance.
Greets, Bakuku

Pal screens have an LED I believe. And yes, the console and the screen need to be the same format.

bud said:
Pal screens have an LED I believe. And yes, the console and the screen need to be the same format.

What do you mean LED, on and off indicator LED and where is located?
Is there a way to bypass the format?

Thanks.

Yeah, just an indicator LED. You can see it and the extra little circuit in the top right on the back of the board. There is no way to change the format.

Wouldn't it be bypassed if I used a Component Cable and use the VGA mod?
Just poking at some ideas here. :neutral2:

Greets, bakuku

Ok, so I checked the screen and it's PAL. Thanks goodness for that.
Now the other question.

Should I solder to c sync or ... ?

Thank in advance.
Greets, Bakuku.

Well I tried but still can't get it to work. :(
I don't know what I should do...

Ashen mentions in his Trim Guide that these Capacitors should be connected to the Composite line.

Is it needed or just a suggestion? Also, I have a PAL board and the picture doesn't match the Guide's one as seen here.

What should I do?

Thanks in Advance.
Greets, Bakuku

Bump

Please people! I'm having a nerveous breakdown. I know everything is hooked up properly to the screen and GameCube but still can't figure out why it won't work.
Tried it Trimmed and Untrimmed.
Both are PAL (GameCube Belgium , PSOne LCD UK). I tried alternate Solderpoints but still no 5 4 3 2 1 thunderbirds are go.

Is the signal to weak? Or maybe not calibrated I don't know.

Please help.
Thanks in Advance.
Greets, Bakuku

superben51 said:
Can you even trim PAL boards the same way as NTSC boards? I mean arn't the layors and traces different?

As I mentioned, I even tried it untrimmed. For this I used a Rev C Dol 20 motherboard.
The screen just doesn't accept the composite signal for reasons unknown to me. :(

Back