PSOneP worklog - with questions

watsug

I got my PSOne in the yesterday. I already have some problems :(

I removed the port and soldered up an A/V cable directly and now it doesn't output video.
IMG_4550.jpg

The LED still lights up and the disc start spinning in its normal cycle.

Is there any altenative point that i can solder to to get video?
IMG_4551.jpg

Also, how big should pictures generally be if I resize them?

This will become a real worklog if I get this running :)

So, I came back from vacation and found that my psone is working again :)
This will now be my worklog. What I've done so far is desoldered the controller ports and hooked up my audio.
1342685617528.jpg

The headphone jack is working and I can change the volume with the pot. However, my amp isn't working :( The amp normally runs on 2 AAA batteries but I wired it to 3.4 volts coming from one of the controller ports. I don't think that spot can output enough amperage for my amp? Is there any better place to get around 3 volts?
Can I get audio and video from somewhere else on the board? I want to trim of a little on the top...
The psone only have two layers, right?
Thanks in advance
Any way, I will try to keep you updated

This is what I have been doing this evening, besides watching MRTN stream :)
Shoulder buttons. They will be sanded like the one in the downright
IMAG0150.jpg

and this is the case i hopefully will fit everything into
IMAG0140.jpg

And my mobo, resting ontop of the case. It needs to be cut down on the top and a little on the bottom
IMAG0155.jpg

It still starts. :D I have listened to sonys boot-theme atleast 20 times today..

Thank you and goodnight

edit: I found that the led uses 3.4v. Would that be a better place to power my amp?

Thats probablty the reason for why there isnt tons of information as for the n64 and gamecube. I guess people like nintendo portables more :neutral2:

Update: My disc drive has some problems. The sled that moves the laser assembly gets stuck and make a loud screeching noise :( I will probably change it for the drive in one of my normal Playstations

I will be using a 4,3" ebay screen. I know the resolution is low but that won't be a problem since the PS can only output 320*240. Correct me if im wrong :)

Edit: Forgot the link to the screen: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-3-TFT-LCD...r_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item43a728f507

This project is on hold for now. The case is a good size in area but not thick enough. I laid the components on top of each other and realized I would never be able to make it the way I wanted. Instead will I probably use the case to rebuild my n64p. If I find a suitable case will this be continued :) I have the board trimmed up and all :/

Ps; the reason no psp1p are made are because you can do the same stuff and more on a psp ;) :(

Back