Pyro Gloves! (Item: Weapon/Effect Producing)

Hey guys. I saw a video on youtube, that shows some gear that a guy made. Its like a glove with a lighter and a fuel system that makes a flame thrower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hOv-wmpX3I

Theres the video.

As you can see, It looks like it can be built with:

-Jet Torch Lighter (Or any flame source.)
-Some type of aerosole or gas (Fuel)

The lighter is a torch lighter so it does not have a friction wheel.

I imagine it works like this:

String Tied to thumb is attached to the friction lighter button, and pushes it down when he pulls back thumb. Which lights the lighter. The string tied to his middle finger, is connected to an aerosole can or fuel source which pushes the nozzle of it which travels through a line when he pulls his hand back. Those two things together make the flame.

I want to make this. Heres my questions:

1) When aerosole is running through a line (Imagine canned air, but the line is flexible. Its not a stiff straw), does it still stay gas? (I would need it to stay gas, because the gas is more likely to combust, which makes the flame.)

2) If not, how could I may it stay gas, or what other fuel could I use which would work? (The selected fuel needs to be able to run through a line, and be flammable when it comes out.)

3) Isnt this cool? Hahaha

**Note: I wont be using this as a weapon, obviously. I imagine it could be used as one to hurt someone. As, what kind of cop is going to belive "This guy shot flames from his hand and burned me." I'm planning on making this for fun. Something to do. Yes, I'll finish this. As I'm almost done my DS Grip. Just have to find my bondo and paint it. My mom hid my stuff. D: **

So... Yea!

That's really cool! But it looks really hard to do without burning yourself.

hotdog-cart said:
1) When aerosole is running through a line (Imagine canned air, but the line is flexible. Its not a stiff straw), does it still stay gas? (I would need it to stay gas, because the gas is more likely to combust, which makes the flame.)It should, but I'm not 100% sure on this.

2) If not, how could I may it stay gas, or what other fuel could I use which would work? (The selected fuel needs to be able to run through a line, and be flammable when it comes out.)I know butane will stay gas in a line, but a normal butane lighter or cartridge doesn't have a lot of pressure.

3) Isnt this cool? Hahaha
That goes without saying, heh.

**Note: I wont be using this as a weapon, obviously. I imagine it could be used as one to hurt someone. As, what kind of cop is going to belive "This guy shot flames from his hand and burned me." I'm planning on making this for fun. Something to do. Yes, I'll finish this. As I'm almost done my DS Grip. Just have to find my bondo and paint it. My mom hid my stuff. D: **
Things like this don't make very good weapons anyway. And I LOL'd at the cop thing.

lol, I know how. :lol: I am here in college computer lab, though, no access to my notes.

Bahahaha, if anyone gained access to my notesbook, they would have power beyond the comprehension of mere mortals, for contained within is every cool thing I have ever done or plan on doing. ;)

I would love to build this just so I could walk up to one of my friends and scream "FLAME ON!" and shoot fire from my hands. I would seriously attempt it but I'll wait for someone else to try it so I can ask some questions.

im going to build one. screw the big daddy suit! :dahroll:

except i'll probably use a bigger tank, and run the tubes up my sleeves. and it will be built into mah trenchcoat! we could have a designated fire forum? fire is awesome! :awesome:

If i could find a nice looking, long fireproof glove i would dig out my trench coat start the build and have soooo much fun.

wtf, mario that thing for 3 bux is like a flaxty pyro system, i lights and has a pressure lever, now if only you could up that pressure somehow

Back