Wasp SD card problem?

nass95100

Hi,
First of all I want to say that i'm totally noob concerning the WASP/WKF and i'm sorry if my questions are quite stupid.

So, I ordered a megadrive and a wasp to megalomaniac's website and I received them and installed them with the pin 29 connected to a switch. In all the videos I have seen there's always a wiikey menu when they boot the cube.
But when I start my cube I have an error message and I have to press the switch to make it disappear and acces to the gamecube menu. Then I go to the disc menu and I press the switch again but it said thatit can not read the disc. And I was asking if it was because of my SD card or a soldering problem.
And I don't know what to put on the SD card, all I did is formatting it in WBFS so it can be read by the WASP but I don't know what to put on it.
Some help is needed :mrgreen:

Make it fat32 not wbfs. Pics of your work would help but please make sure they are pretty clear. Make sure you have the SD in at boot

I don't know if this helps but swiss comes installed on all wasps that come from mgalomaniac. It might be a soldering problem, I would check the continuity with the filters close to the pins on the bottom side of the mobo. Also make sure you have a sd card plugged in or you will get a no disc drive error. Mine will boot up and on the disc launch part of the gamecube menu it says swiss, not a wiikey menu.

Typically disc read errors are from either the sd card slot not being plugged in or bad wiring, check your connections with a continuity tester.

Well, I sent a mail to megalomaniac and he told me that all his wasp are preflashed with swiss autoboot.
And to I checked my solders with a continuity tester, but I don't if I did right : I put my multimeter on continuity tester (it makes sound when the two sides are connected) and then I put the + on a solder and the - to a ground on the board. Did I did it right? Because if I did then my solders are good, i tested them three times each. And when I presse the pin29 switch the wasp turn blue, so it's a good sign right?
And when I start my cube there is a low blue light coming from the led and for a very short instant.
Here are some pics of my installation, hope they are clean enough
rKiJtRJl.jpg

msMId35l.jpg

0CBWrJul.jpg

cUlCxlql.jpg
The pin 29 is connected on the right of the switch And I just connected the two lid pins together.
Is my installation wrong? It can't come from the type of sd card I'm using?

nass95100 said:
I put my multimeter on continuity tester (it makes sound when the two sides are connected) and then I put the + on a solder and the - to a ground on the board.
you need to make sure the solder joints have contact with the filters..

put one DMM leads on a solder joint then probe all the filter locations to determine if that one solder joint has contact...thats how you can isolate which solder joint(s) need to be reworked...

megalomaniac said:
you need to make sure the solder joints have contact with the filters..

put one DMM leads on a solder joint then probe all the filter locations to determine if that one solder joint has contact...thats how you can isolate which solder joint(s) need to be reworked...

I tested each solder joint with each filter and they all seems to work... I'm quite confused, maybe I'm doing it wrong...

I ordered a new megadrive becauseI fried the other one with my heat gun lol. So, I got the new one did the solder with wires this time, to be sure there is no soldering problem but when I start my GC with SD on it, I need to click the P29 switch to get the blue light and then, nothing. I get to the gc menu and it tells me to insert a GC disc. Here are some photos of my solders

Is that a normally closed switch on pin 29? I'm just checking that it's connected to ground like it's supposed to be.

maybe try cleaning up all that soldering....
also you should not have to press the pin29 switch since you have autoboot/autoload firmware already installed...

Back